Thea’s organic Matcha is a high quality and nutrient dense ingredient, often called a Superfood. Carefully harvested and sourced only from trusted fields in Uji, Japan, who we guarantee are certified organic. Our Matcha goes through traditional Japanese methods. Green tea leaves are shade-grown and stone-ground to provide the fine powder that we call Matcha.
So Matcha Goodness...
The reasons why you need Matcha:
- you are consuming the entire leaf which will dramatically increase your intake of its valuable antioxidants.
- The highly abundant naturally occurring catechin (an antioxidant compound) epigallocatechin-3-gallate, better known as EGCG has multiple studies praising it's health benefits and as a free-radical fighter!
- It is linked to many health benefits i.e. chemo-preventative properties and protection from oxidative damage which largely benefits many diseases, particularly cardiovascular disorders.
- It contains amino acids, varying antioxidants and several vitamins including A, C and K.
- It is a natural fat burner, helping to boost metabolism with studies noting its ability to aid with obesity.
- You will feel relaxed while you remain focused thanks to its ability to subdue the stimulatory effects of caffeine.
- This is also due to L-Theanine, a naturally occurring amino acid, stimulating alpha brain waves and increases your dopamine and serotonin levels.
Taste: Has a silky and smooth floral undertones with deep umami notes. Best used raw and as tea.
Please keep out of the light and in an airtight container to prevent oxidisation which causes Matcha to lose its vibrancy and flavour. You may also chill in the fridge to increase longevity. (Thea's Premium Matcha comes with a mini peg so you can keep your Matcha airtight and fresh!)
Thea Tip : 1/2 tsp can last you 2-3 cups of Matcha as it will settle to the bottom of your cup/mug if you leave it for 20 minutes. We recommend 1/2 tsp of Matcha in a day, which we find provides a great slow release of energy for an extended period of time.
Please note: Contains Caffeine. If you are pregnant or on prescription medication, seek professional advice first if you have concerns.
Our packaging is 100% recyclable - Or you can use it as a cute way to store anything!